Saturday, January 03, 2009

The Outlet Malls



Happy New Year and welcome to 2009 everybody. Let us all hope for a few good things to come this year. New Years was fun for us, we spent the day with Tina's family again, had some pot roast, and played some more 3-13. We did manage to make it until midnight on New Year's Eve. To celebrate, we also visited the Outlet Mall in nearby Castle Rock. Funny thing, I took Maggie our for a run at about 8:00a.m today and it was clear skies. There was a chilly wind though, and we see the clouds creeping in. By the time we got to the mall at 10:00, it was blowing snow. It was also chilly. This outlet mall is about twice as big as the Woodburn Outlet mall, but it doesn't have that many good stores. No Mp3 players, headphones, or video games. There are plenty of clothing stores though. We just explored some stores, bought some clothes, and even some treats and toys for the pets. Tina finally bought a new pair of shoes and a vest at Gap that I discovered. She even bought dome jewelry! I mostly bought some work shirts and basketball shorts. Anyway, by the time we got done shopping, it was snowing pretty good. Like a typical woman, Tina had to go back to couple of stores one last time. I was amazed at how much some of stores were
costing for their products! Levi's and Raulph Lauren were no where near decent prices. I mean come on, $34.99 for a pair of jeans or a tie....that is 80% percent off! Really? No wonder they are going out of business. Really though, we are very fortunate to have a little extra spending cash given the economy. Like Tina said, we work hard and deserve to splurge a little. Of course, that will all change when kids enter the picture.

No comments: