Sunday, July 06, 2008

Update

Well, a lot has happened since our last post. I am still working at a Kindercare from he**. Really, you can put a rock next to one of the teachers, and the rock does more than the teacher. I am finding myself overwhelmed and drained...but I will finish out my last 5 weeks. I also had to have two teeth removed in the back of my mouth, have a titanium screw drilled into my jaw bone, (the other was my wisdom tooth) and build a new tooth over the screw. Tina is still working hard at work, and trying to start up this make-up party business on the side. I am still playing in a city basketball league, but that is coming to an end soon. We have fallen in love with taking Maggie swimming, and are on a roll of seeing some good movies...Get Smart, Wanted, Vantige Point, and Hancock. Tina is sticking to this new six week diet, which is good because I come home too late to cook big dinners. She is really serious about dieting, which is pretty much leading to two separate dinners each week. We are also finally going to start getting involved in the Young Married Couples group at our church. Oh, and I bought a Sony DVD handy camcorder at a garage sale for 35 bucks! And we are having quite a number of evening thunderstorms. Here, the lighting isn't flashes, it is bolts and spider veins across the sky. At times, I totally feel like the paprazzi is outside our windows taking pictures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the blog owner. What a blog! nice idea.

Chris and Amber said...

Wow, you have been through a lot Jakob! Your teeth have too! Sounds like you guys are pretty busy. Hope you are enjoying your summer...can't wait until you come visit....see you soon!

MillerFam5 said...

We are really looking forward to seeing you both next week! Can't wait.