Sunday, September 14, 2008

Minature Golfing

Tina and I have been wanting to go golfing forever at this course that we always see when we drive by Academy St. Finally, we went. Now, I had to redeem myself after the last time I went golfing with Tina. It was at Seaside and she whooped me good, but she did nail my toe with a golf ball full force, so I am blaming that on my poor performance then. This place had three miniature courses, but we played only two. Each course had the theme, the first was "Around the World". I started off behind, but made up ground when we came to a water course and Tina nailed it in the water six times!! Well, we battled back and forth, me with power and intellect, but Tina countered with grace and finesse. In the end, I came out on top 51 to 55!!
Time for course two. Now the bad thing about being first is that the second player can watch and learn from your mistakes. Which is exactly what happened, on this insane water hole it took me 10 tries!! Nine times I went in the water. Tina somehow (by pure luck) managed to not hit the water because the ball hit a part of the carpet that was unglued and curled up. This acted as a wall that kept the ball from bouncing into the water. The reason I say it was lucky is because out of 45 yd course, this was about an eight inch section. Knowing I was down, I had to keep my composure and catch up. The next 11 holes I continued to lead by 1-3 strokes and actually regained the lead!! Then came another course where you had to strike the ball over a narrow bridge above water. I got it over the first time!! But being the typical male, used too much power and watched it bounce off the wall, and go into the water. So Tina made some ground to get ahead on this hole, and the finally score was 56 to 60...Tina. Tina won this course and it put is in a dead tie.
Naturally, I wanted to play course three to determine who the undisputed winner was, but Tina was tired and so we went. You will have to wait another day. Oh, during the course, Tina spotted a bunny on the course, it blended really well with the rocks, but I got the pic.












No comments: