Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Class Room


here is my classroom this year. I have moved to third grade which means I only get one window this year. No pretty scenery either, so I had to make the room inviting on its own. I have many staff tell me how they like my room, that it is just warm and inviting. Besides the colors and stuffed animals, the classroom design allows me to be relatively close to all kids at all times. The projector is great for videos, writing, and Power Points! The Paw is our classroom discipline system that the grade has adopted, and is being considered by the school as a whole!! The idea behind it is that there are tickets for behaviors (good and bad). If the student does something good or bad in class, they are instructed to put up the appropriate ticket in their slot. Good tickets earn you drawings and prizes, notes home, extra privileges, and so on. Bad tickets earn you phone calls home, notes (the bad kind though), and loss of privileges. However, bad tickets had to accumulate to three in one day or consecutive days before we get the parents involved. Each day they keep track of what tickets they got, and at the end of each month they write a Paw-gress report letter to their parents how on they have behaved in the past month. Its a great way to keep kids accountable, teach them responsibility, stress the five traits of PBS, and increase parent-student communication.



No comments: