Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Frozen Hike

Peter and I went hiking a few weeks back. I took him to Stanley Canyon where they have three lakes, to our surprise they were all frozen. We hiked a longs ways past the lakes to a up steep hill and to some bolders. We climbed them and got an awesome view. We were going to hike more but it turned out that it goes on forever, so we headed back. We thought it would be cool to collect some large rocks and throw them through the ice, like we did when we were kids. Well, when we got back down we threw the stones and expected a cool crash...notta. The ice was solid enough, so we threw a stick our and had Maggie fetch it to see how sturdy it is. Finally, Peter was the brave sole to go on the ice first. First though, I had to hold his hand incase he fell in. Funny thing is...if he did fall in it would only be two inches in, and it's not like I wouldn't go with him. Well anyway, the ice was about six inches thick and we walked on it all the way across to the face of a damn. Thanks Petey for the cool hike.
























1 comment:

Chris and Amber said...

Wow! Cool frozen lake. All you needed was a couple cheesy Christmas sweaters and some ice skates :-)