Monday, October 01, 2007

Sun and rain






Well, the weather here is real nice and sunny, but we are mislead at times. The rocky mountains border our town, so we don't see any thunder clouds until they creep over the mountains. By then, it's just a matter of time. Here, were are swimming in our pool, only to rush home before the storms. Some thunderstorms are ridiculous here, tons of strikes and thunder like a shot-gun. While Tina was at the hospital, they got golf-balled sized hail. I even drove through several feet of water when flash storms passed through. Here, it will snow by the end of this month...always does.
Anyway, later I'll post some pics from last years' storm so you can get a taste of it. We are mostly protected by the mountains. But once in a while, the storms come from the south, the mountains act as a barrier and trap the storm for days; then we get dumped on like no other. I CAN'T WAIT for our first winter storm.

No comments: