Saturday, January 03, 2009

Pet Toys







When we got home, we gave our lovely pets their new toys. Well, at least one of them. Maggie got a Flying Squirrel Frisbee, a new collar, a rope ball, and a bacon/cheese filled rawhide bone. Shady got a circle thing with a ball that goes around it, who really cares about the cat anyway?
When Maggie got her toys, she was very protective. Even at me she would growl and protect...unbelievable! I really was a little scared of her. Well within in the hour, she had managed to chew the rope up and leave little pieces all over the floor....and couch. Pet Evac, here I come! Shady also enjoys her new toy.

Look at Shady's curiosity. Is there really a mouse in there? -->

Maggie going to work, she is determined to get the knot out. -->

Tina makes a subtle approach to pet Maggie while she has new toy. Maggie shows her teeth and gives a warning growl to keep away, that is her toy. ->

Ignoring the warning signs, Maggie goes physco and grabs her ball for protection. Notice the ears, pointed down to show that she is being protective. Fearing for her hand...and arm, Tina wisely withdraws the attempt and petting her. -->

Maggie decides the only way to protect her ball is to move it near the sofa, it won't be reaching for her new chew toy anytime soon. Tina is happy to keep her arm, Maggie is happy to keep on chewing, and as for the chew toy...oh well, we all serve our purposes. PS, anyone notice her neatly pedicured paws? I did that with the automatic pedicure machine. Go ahead, click on the pic to see them up close, I am proud of it.

2 comments:

MillerFam5 said...

Tina, your. kitty is so cute! I think she is cutter than your dog :) Who is also very cute, but what a face Shady has, irresistable. I hope he is a healthy kitty for you.

Anonymous said...

Lovely toys!! I like your pets pictures!!